Finding the Shot
Lenses, Time & Space, Planning
Experiment with lenses.
1) Spend an hour or two photographing with just a telephoto lens (100-400mm). Long lenses are great to help isolate elements and practice simplification.
2) Spend an hour or two photographing with just a wide angle lens. Emphasize a foreground element – leaf, rock, flower, etc. Shoot at higher f-stop (f8-f16).
Experiment with Time & Space
– Create images using fast and slow shutter speeds, and shallow and deep depth of field.
Think about composition (framing, rule of thirds, lead lines, etc.) while doing the above.
Upload a couple of examples of each to Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/Tc67er7NXdmU2ey4tJZv.
You can view a copy of the presentation by clicking here.
- Create traditional images emphasizing one or more of the elements of design, such as focal point, line, shape, pattern and/or texture.
- Create abstract-ish images emphasizing one or more of the elements of design, such as focal point, line, shape, pattern and/or texture. In other words, forget the name of thing(s) you are photographing and create and use the thing(s) to create a design that looks like it was done on purpose. There are examples in the presentation.
- Create images emphasizing light such as color, direction, highlights/shadows and/or hard/soft.
Upload 4-5 images to Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/Tc67er7NXdmU2ey4tJZv. Please upload pictures by Sunday evening.