Intro to Photography – Class 1 presentation
1. Practice using aperture priority mode and working with the exposure triangle.
– Know how to change your f-stop and be aware of how that affects your shutter speed.
– Know how to change your ISO setting. In normal light, you can stick with 100-800. Adjust it and/or your f-stop as necessary to ensure the shutter speed is fast enough to avoid camera shake (don’t go below 1/30th sec. handheld)
2.Review your manual’s sections on focusing. Pay special attention to how to change your focus mode and how to change your focus point (Google it if you don’t have a hard copy).
2. Rule of Thirds. Take pictures using rule of thirds.
3. Work the Scene. Find a scene or subject and shoot it several different ways.
4. Framing. 1) Find a subject and use other elements in the scene to frame it, and 2) use the viewfinder as a picture frame (check the edges and make sure you want those things in the picture).